Live Online Training: Stability Studies to Support Shipping/Distribution of Pharmaceuticals and Biopharmaceuticals Im Auftrag der ECA Academy
Datum und Zeit26.10.2021
In Kalender übernehmen
Kosten / Gebühren790,00
This Live Online Training will give an overview of tools that a Qualified Person (QP), Quality Assurance personnel or a Product Manager/ Manufacturer should have in order to evaluate the impact of excursions from the storage label instructions on the disposition of distributed shipments of pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical products.
The formal stability studies of pharmaceuticals and biopharmaceuticals are a well established discipline and they are regularly conducted at precisely monitored conditions of temperature (within 2 °C) and of humidity (within 5% RH) under cGMP. However, the inevitable processes of shipping and distributing medicines from the manufacturer to wholesaler to warehouses to the end user via air, ship or car exposes often the shipments to temperatures and humidity different from the label storage conditions. For instance, how would you handle a shipment that was exposed to a varying temperature up to 61oC in the airport for an accumulated duration of several days? How would you evaluate the quality of a refrigerated injectable that was exposed to near zero or freezing temperatures for a few hours? Would you release or reject such a shipment which may cost hundreds of thousands of Dollars?
Shipping/Distribution of a medicine is considered a “mobile storage”. However, a temperature excursion outside the label instructions may also be considered a ‘trauma” inflicted on the medicine and this may impact the quality of the newly arrived shipments. But, the big question remains: how would that ‘trauma” affect the quality at the end of the declared shelf life of any pharmaceutical and of a biopharmaceutical in particular? Will the long-term impact lead to a “hidden OOS”?
This Live Online Training will address these aspects.
* Qualified Persons
* Quality Assurance personnel
* Project coordinators/product managers
* Stability testing personnel
* Stability program logistics personnel
* R&D personnel involved in product development
For our Live Online Training Courses and Webinars, we use Cisco WebEx, one of the leading suppliers of online meetings.
At http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html you can check if your system meets the necessary requirements for the participation at a WebEx meeting and at the same time install the necessary plug-in. Please just enter your name and email address for the test. If the installation is not possible because of your rights for the computer system, please contact your IT department. WebEx is a standard nowadays and the necessary installation is fast and easy.
Overview of Stability Programs and Stress Testing – Regulatory View (GMP and GDP)
* Long-term and accelerated storage conditions of new drug substances and products (EU, USA)
* Stability storage programs for generic drugs (EU, USA)
* GDP Guides (EU, WHO, USP Chapter <1079> )
Mean Kinetic Temperature (MKT) and World Climatic Zones
* Mean Kinetic Temperature (MKT) and relative humidity
* Interpretation of MKT
* MKT from temperature loggers
Q&A Session I
Stress Studies of Pharmaceuticals
* Stressing factors and conditions
* Stress studies in the pharmaceutical industry
Stability Studies to Support Shipping/Distribution of Pharmaceuticals and Biopharmaceuticals
* Stress testing vs Forced Degradations
* Studies at elevated extreme temperatures
* Studies at low extreme conditions
* When, how and what?
* Thermal Cyclic studies
* What attributes to test
Q&A Session II
Storage Label Statements (EU and USA)
* Linking storage instructions to formal stability studies
* Labeling statements for various pharmaceuticals (EMA guideline)
* USP controlled temperatures
Investigation of Excursions from Storage Label Conditions
* “Time-out-of-Storage” and stability budget“ concept
* Handling an excursion
* What stability data are required to investigate temperature excursions
* Responsibilities of manufacturer, distributor and QP
Q&A Session III
Three Q&A sessions ensure interaction and that your questions are answered.
ReferentDr Raphael Bar, BR Consulting, Israel
Dr Thomas Fürst, Boehringer Ingelheim, Germany
TeilnehmerkreisZielgruppe This Live Online Training will be of significant value to * Qualified Persons * Quality Assurance personnel * Pharmacists * Project coordinators/product managers * Stability testing personnel * Stability program logistics personnel * R&D personnel involved in product development
VeranstalterConcept Heidelberg GmbH
Telefon: +49 6221 84 44 0
Telefax: +49 6221 84 44 84
OrganisatorTel.: 06221 / 84 44 0